Classes scheduled before 4 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 31, are canceled
Vice President for Student Affairs Meredith Harper Bonham sent the following message to students Wednesday, Jan. 30, in response to the continuing wind chill advisory. To foster student safety and minimize exposure to dangerously cold temperatures, the College will cancel classes scheduled before 4 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 31.
Dear Kenyon students,
The Wind Chill Warning for the region extends until 4 p.m. on Thursday afternoon. To minimize exposure to frigid temperatures, the College will cancel classes scheduled before 4 p.m. on Thursday, January 31.
College offices will be open, with the following schedule changes:
• Kenyon Athletics Center | Closed for recreational use, team practices and competitions until 4:00 p.m., at which time normal operations resume.
• North mod study space | Closed on Thursday; normal operations resume on Friday.
Shuttles will run in a continuous loop from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m., making stops at:
• Peirce Dining Hall
• The Bookstore/Village Study Spaces
• Caples Hall (door access to Caples will be available for all students to wait inside)
• Post Office/Health and Counseling Center
Work-study students should be in touch with their supervisors if they are scheduled to work on Thursday.
Normal operations (including evening seminars) will resume at 4 p.m. on Thursday.
Please continue to avoid going outdoors and take necessary precautions to keep yourself and your peers safe. Thank you for being mindful of the Campus Safety, Residential Life and Maintenance staff who must work outdoors to provide essential services.
Meredith Harper Bonham